Napoli chief provides update on the future of Arsenal, Newcastle United-linked striker OsimhenPublished: July 10, 2022
Napoli Sporting Director Cristiano Giuntoli has provided an update on the future of Victor Osimhen amid speculation in the media linking the Nigeria international with a move to the English Premier League.
It is known that Osimhen is on the list of strikers being considered by Newcastle United to bolster the squad ahead of the forthcoming season while Arsenal considered him as an alternative to top target Gabriel Jesus, who has now completed his move to the Emirates Stadium and made his friendly debut against FC Nürnberg on Friday.
The biggest stumbling block for the teams interested in signing the Super Eagles number 9 is his price tag, with Napoli valuing him in excess of 100 million euros.
Giuntoli has made it clear that no offer has been put forward by Osimhen's suitors but admitted that some clubs have made enquiries over his availability this summer.
In quotes relayed by Italian transfer market expert Fabrizio Romano, Giuntoli said : "There’s no bid for Osimhen… we’ve received some calls to explore the situation. Huge, really huge bid is needed to sell Osimhen".
Napoli director Giuntoli: “There’s no bid for Osimhen… we’ve received some calls to explore the situation. Huge, really huge bid is needed to sell Osimhen”. 🚨🇳🇬 #transfers— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 9, 2022
“Koulibaly told us he wants to think about our new deal proposal and explore the options for his future”. pic.twitter.com/ghDGLeLbVi
Signed from Lille for a club record fee in the region of 70 million euros, Osimhen still has three more years left on his Napoli contract.
The 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup winner notched 18 goals in 32 appearances for Napoli last season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football