Authoritative Italian pundit reveals Bayern and Liverpool not interested in Super Eagles starPublished: July 12, 2022
One of the most authoritative Italian pundits, Mario Sconcerti has insisted that German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich and Premier League giants Liverpool are not interested in signing Victor Osimhen despite reports linking the Nigeria national teamer with a transfer to both clubs this summer.
It was previously claimed that Bayern Munich were plotting a move for Osimhen as a possible replacement for Robert Lewandowski who is angling for a transfer to Barcelona.
The Napoli and Super Eagles number 9 was also mentioned as one of the candidates who could fill the void left by Sadio Mane after the Senegal star switched to Bayern Munich.
Napoli will reportedly not allow the Nigerian to leave the Diego Maradona Stadium in the summer transfer window for less than one hundred million euros.
Sconcerti is of the opinion that Osimhen has not fully developed as a striker but is not ruling out the transfer of the 2015 U17 World Cup Golden Boot winner in the future.
"He is still a player to be discovered. But Bayern haven't looked for him and neither have Liverpool," Sconcerti told Calciomercato via Area Napoli.
"This means they don't think he is ready yet. I think Osimhen's transfer could be next."
Osimhen transferred to Napoli from Lille two years ago for a club record fee of 70 million euros and has scored 28 goals in 62 all-competition appearances for The Parthenopeans.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football