One of the most authoritative Italian pundits, Mario Sconcerti has insisted that German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich and Premier League giants Liverpool are not interested in signing Victor Osimhen despite reports linking the Nigeria national teamer with a transfer to both clubs this summer.
It was previously claimed that Bayern Munich were plotting a move for Osimhen as a possible replacement for Robert Lewandowski who is angling for a transfer to Barcelona.
The Napoli and Super Eagles number 9 was also mentioned as one of the candidates who could fill the void left by Sadio Mane after the Senegal star switched to Bayern Munich.
Napoli will reportedly not allow the Nigerian to leave the Diego Maradona Stadium in the summer transfer window for less than one hundred million euros.
Sconcerti is of the opinion that Osimhen has not fully developed as a striker but is not ruling out the transfer of the 2015 U17 World Cup Golden Boot winner in the future.
"He is still a player to be discovered. But Bayern haven't looked for him and neither have Liverpool," Sconcerti told Calciomercato via Area Napoli.
"This means they don't think he is ready yet. I think Osimhen's transfer could be next."
Osimhen transferred to Napoli from Lille two years ago for a club record fee of 70 million euros and has scored 28 goals in 62 all-competition appearances for The Parthenopeans.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football