Nigeria Football Federation target Jordan Torunarigha is on the brink of completing a permanent transfer to Belgian Pro League side KAA Gent amid rumours linking him with a possible move to Premier League side West Ham United.
Sky Sport Germany reporter Florian Plettenberg informed this afternoon that the former Germany U21 international is set to move to KAA Gent and a medical has been booked for the central defender on Monday, July 18.
Per the report, Gent and Hertha Berlin have reached a club-to-club agreement for the transfer of Torunarigha.
News #Torunarigha: He is on verge to join KAA Gent on a permanent deal. Medical could take place on Monday. Transfer fee around €4.5m with possible bonus payments included. Talks about a contract until 2025. @SkySportDE 🇩🇪🇳🇬— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) July 17, 2022
Hertha Berlin will bag a transfer fee of 4.5 million euros with possible bonus payments included in the deal.
Plettenberg reported more than a month ago that West Ham United made enquiries over the availability of the German-Nigerian centre-back, but it appears the Hammers did not firm up their interest, with the 24-year-old poised to join Gent for a bargain fee.
News #Torunarigha: Gent hat Angebot abgegeben (ca. 2 Mio € + Boni). Spieler & Hertha haben abgelehnt. Wolfsburg & West Ham haben sich nach ihm erkundigt. Wahrscheinlich: Wechsel innerhalb der Bundesliga! Preis: Um die 5 Mio €! Gespräche laufen. @SkySportDE #TransferUpdate🟨— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) June 13, 2022
The Hertha Berlin academy product is set to return to Gent for a second spell, having represented the East Flanders outfit in the second half of last season on loan, making fifteen appearances in all competitions.
Torunarigha, who has been on the books of Hertha Berlin since the age of nine, was on target against Salford City in a pre-season friendly staged at St. George’s Park on Saturday, heading in a free-kick in the 28th minute for the match-winning goal.
Photo Credit : herthabsc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football