Former Manchester United star Daley Blind has revealed what he's noticed about Calvin Bassey since the Nigerian switched to the Dutch champions from Glasgow Rangers.
Ajax announced the capture of the Super Eagle last week for a fee that could rise to €26.5 million with performance-related add-ons included.
It is obvious the Netherlands legend is competing with Bassey for one of the starting spots at Ajax Amsterdam in the forthcoming season as both are comfortable playing at left-back and in central defence.
A product of the famous Ajax Academy, Blind has won seven Eredivisie titles combined in two spells as a player of the Amsterdam club, has two KNVB Cup winner's medals to his name plus won the Johan Cruyff Shield on two occasions.
The 92-cap Netherlands international reckons that Bassey is adapting to his new teammates especially those who previously played in England - the likes of Maarten Stekelenburg, Steven Bergwijn, Davy Klaassen and Dušan Tadić.
"I've only spoken to Bassey once so far. He may need to come out of his shell a bit. That makes sense if you're new. He comes across well, very nice," Blind said to Ajax Life.
"Calvin is very interested in the system and in his teammates. I see him getting along with other guys, especially players who have played football in England. I don't think he has any trouble adapting."
Bassey, 22, has been training with his new teammates at Ajax since Thursday but couldn't make his unofficial debut yesterday as a friendly with Eintracht Frankfurt was canceled.
Photo Credit : ajax.nl
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football