A report from well-respected Italian transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has stated that Super Eagles striker Cyriel Dessers is set to leave his club Genk to complete a move to Serie A new boys Cremonese.
The report also states that talks are progressing well between both parties and Dessers was in Italy days ago with his agents as he is tempted by a chance to play in the Serie A.
Former Feyenoord striker Cyriel Dessers is set to leave Genk in order to join Serie A side Cremonese. Talks are progressing well since last week and the deal could be sealed soon. 🇧🇪🇳🇬 #transfers— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 26, 2022
Dessers was in Italy with his agents days ago and he's tempted by Serie A chance. pic.twitter.com/2VBk5A0ujU
Dessers who was on loan at Feyenoord last season etched his name into the history books when he became the first Nigerian player to win the top scorer prize of a European competition as he finished as the Golden Boot winner of the inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League with ten goals in thirteen appearances despite losing the final to Jose Mourinho's Roma.
The 27-year-old had a stellar season on loan at Feyenoord, scoring 20 goals in 41 appearances in all competitions.
However, the Rotterdam club failed to trigger the buy option clause in his deal.
Dessers joined up with the Super Eagles during their tour of the United States but was an unused substitute in both matches of the African Cup Of Nations Qualifiers against Sierra Leone and Sao Tome and Principe.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football