German 2. Bundesliga club SV Darmstadt 98 are running the rule over Tottenham Hotspur-reared winger Keanen Bennetts with a view to offering him a contract.
SV Darmstadt 98 informed this morning that Bennetts is training with the club this week.
The Anglo-German-Nigerian winger is currently unemployed following the expiry of his contract with Borussia Mönchengladbach, whom he joined from Tottenham Hotspur in 2018.
Bennetts had been touted as one of the most exciting teenagers in English football and arrived at Borussia Mönchengladbach with high hopes but the move was not beneficial to both parties.
The 23-year-old made six career appearances for the five-time German top flight champions, and departed the club this summer without making his starting debut.
He spent the whole of the 2020-2021 campaign on loan at Ipswich Town, where he featured in 30 games and scored one goal.
Keanen Bennetts was a player of interest to former Flying Eagles manager Paul Aigbogun before the 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup in Poland but the winger rejected his advances because he wanted to concentrate on his career with Borussia Mönchengladbach.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Folarin Balogun: Why Arsenal-owned striker should choose Nigeria Over USA, England
- Ex-Fiorentina star reveals preferred striker between Osimhen and Chelsea loanee Lukaku
- World Cup 2022 : Okocha praises brilliant Cameroon GK who made his debut last year v Nigeria
- 2022 World Cup : Nigerian fans have their say on Ghana captain Ayew penalty miss v Uruguay
- 'They were punished' - Aghahowa explains why Ghana missed chance to qualify for round of 16
- 1994 AFCON winner blames Jordan Ayew, Amartey for Uruguay's opener, hails Suarez for assist
- Ex-Arsenal U21 skipper Ajayi makes injury return after missing 15 games for club, country
- Millwall set to beat Wolves, Southampton in race for highly-rated Irish-Nigerian striker
- Chelsea loanee Anjorin returns to action after 75 days out
- 2021 Super Eagles invitee beats another Nigeria target to Crystal Palace POTM
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football