17-year-old Nigerian centre-back joins Scottish champions CelticPublished: July 26, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told that Scottish Premiership champions Celtic are on the verge of confirming the signing of versatile Nigerian central defender Justin Osagie.
Osagie is joining Celtic from West Ham United's Academy and will initially play for the youth team of the Hoops before making the step up if he impresses.
The 2005-born player has departed the Hammers after only one competitive appearance for their U18 team - against West Brom in the U18 Premier League back in February.
He had attracted interest from other London clubs namely Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur but opted to join West Ham in 2020.
Osagie has been described as a versatile central defender who is good on the ball, has good technical ability, reads the game well, has an eye for a pass, quick and is comfortable playing as a central midfielder.
The 17-year-old links up with Tobi Oluwayemi, Bosun Lawal, Eseosa Sule and Osaze Urhoghide at Celtic.
Osagie was on the books of Southend United before joining West Ham United.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football