Official : 2019 Super Eagles invitee completes permanent transfer to Serie A new boysPublished: July 28, 2022
Through a press release published on their official website, Italian Serie A new boys U.S. Cremonese have announced that they have snapped up 2019 Super Eagles invitee David Okereke on a permanent deal from Club Brugge.
Okereke is returning to Italy, three years after he left Spezia to join Club Brugge for what was then a club record fee for a new arrival.
With the Belgian side, the 24-year-old won the Pro League title in back-to-back seasons and featured in the Champions League.
He departs Club Brugge after making seventy-one appearances in all competitions in which he registered fifteen goals and three assists.
A product of Football College Abuja in his native Nigeria, Okereke began his career in Europe at Lavagnese before joining Spezia, for whom he scored 11 goals in 59 games.
He impressed during a loan spell at Venezia in 2021-2022, notching seven goals in thirty-two games but could not prevent the club from being relegated to the second ter at the end of the season.
A former Nigeria U23 international, Okereke was invited to train with the Super Eagles by manager Gernot Rohr ahead of an international friendly against Egypt in March 2019 but was a non-playing substitute.
Photo Credit : uscremonese.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
- 'We'll miss them' - PSV's Elephants star on the sale of Madueke, Gakpo to Chelsea, Liverpool
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football