Through a statement on their official website, Cambridge United have announced the signing of former Arsenal schoolboy Fejiri Okenabirhie.
Okenabirhie has joined Cambridge United as a free agent following his release by another Football League club Doncaster Rovers, where he spent two years.
A onetime target of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick, Okenabirhie has put pen to paper on a one-year contract with United.
The 26-year-old missed the whole of the 2021-2022 season after suffering an Achilles tendon injury that required surgery.
On his curriculum vitae, he has also worn the colours of Stevenage, Harrow Borough, Dagenham & Redbridge and Shrewsbury Town, and enjoyed loan spells at Bedford Town, Farnborough, Cambridge City and Royston Town during his time at Stevenage.
"It feels really good. I am happy to be part of this Club and I am looking forward to a good season," Okenabirhie said to the official website of Cambridge United.
"I had a tough last season but I am here now with a fresh start and I look forward to getting back on the pitch and helping the team.
"From the outside the club has been on an upward curve for the past couple of years and everyone I spoke to only had good things to say about it."
Okenabirhie is familiar with the League One, netting 25 goals in 102 career appearances for Stevenage, Shrewsbury Town and Doncaster Rovers.
Photo Credit : cambridge-united.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- Opinion : Super Eagles star is a good replacement for Oxlade-Chamberlain at Liverpool
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football