Transfer of Super Eagles winger to Slovenian champions collapsesPublished: July 31, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the transfer of Nigeria international Rafiu Ishaq Kayode to Slovenian champions NK Maribor has crashed due to issues surrounding the player.
A few days after news of the purported transfer appeared online, Rivers United FC released a press release saying the winger was still legally contracted to them.
With that storm yet to calm, it emerged that the player was still contractually bound to a United Kingdom based agent but chose to sideline this agent and conclude the transfer to Slovenia through his local manager and some other agents.
The UK based agent then swiftly contacted his lawyers who wrote to NK Maribor and informed them that they had earlier issued an exclusive mandate to Maribor for the same player but the club and the player chose to engage in a clandestine alliance to sign a contract without the knowledge and participation of the player's exclusive intermediary and the only agent exclusively authorized to deal with the club regarding the player.
On receiving this letter, NK Maribor withdrew from the deal and urged the player to sort out his differences with his former club and his agent.
A source close to allnigeriasoccer.com revealed that the player is endangering his career by allowing his local manager misguide him into dumping his exclusive intermediary and the intermediary is a powerful player in the industry who has contacts that could ensure anywhere Ishaq goes it will be difficult for him to sign.
He also warned that European clubs are like a network and when one withdraws from a deal word gets out to others and its often difficult to break into the circle after such an encounter with a club.
The source advised Ishaq to find a way to make up with his intermediary to avoid jeopardizing his career.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football