Bayern Munich chief executive Oliver Kahn has put an end to rumours linking Victor Osimhen with a transfer to the German Bundesliga champions after revealing that they are not looking at bringing in another centre-forward in the summer transfer window.
The Bundesliga giants have been credited with an interest in Premier League stars Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Kane, apart from Osimhen, as a possible replacement for Robert Lewandowski, who has been sold to Barcelona.
The Nigeria international put himself in the shop window after an outstanding season that saw him register fourteen goals in 27 matches for Napoli in the Serie A and scooped the U23 Best Young Player award in the Italian topflight.
Napoli President Aurelio de Laurentiis will only entertain offers in excess of 100 million euros for Osimhen amid speculation linking him with Premier League, Bundesliga and Italian clubs.
Speaking after the German Super Cup final between Bayern and RB Leipzig, Kahn told Bild via Il Napolista : "We will not buy other strikers, this is not discussed.
"We have seen how many opportunities we have had in attack and how many different formations we have been able to field.
"You see how amazing we can be and how many good players we have in that department.
"We also still have several options in the current team, there is Zirkzee, there is Choupo-Moting, then the young Mathys Tel, who is training incredibly well at the moment."
Osimhen has three years left on his contract with Napoli, whom he joined from Lille for a transfer fee in the region of 70 million euros, making him the club's record acquisition.
He made fourteen career appearances in the Bundesliga during his time at Wolfsburg.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Ex-Fiorentina star reveals preferred striker between Osimhen and Chelsea loanee Lukaku
- World Cup 2022 : Okocha praises brilliant Cameroon GK who made his debut last year v Nigeria
- 2022 World Cup : Nigerian fans have their say on Ghana captain Ayew penalty miss v Uruguay
- 'They were punished' - Aghahowa explains why Ghana missed chance to qualify for round of 16
- 1994 AFCON winner blames Jordan Ayew, Amartey for Uruguay's opener, hails Suarez for assist
- Ex-Arsenal U21 skipper Ajayi makes injury return after missing 15 games for club, country
- Millwall set to beat Wolves, Southampton in race for highly-rated Irish-Nigerian striker
- Chelsea loanee Anjorin returns to action after 75 days out
- 2021 Super Eagles invitee beats another Nigeria target to Crystal Palace POTM
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football