Exclusive : Irish-Nigerian attacker expected to leave West Ham this summerPublished: August 01, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Republic of Ireland U21 star of Nigerian descent Mipo Odubeko is expected to depart West Ham United on a temporary or permanent basis before the close of the summer transfer window.
The former Manchester United schoolboy has resumed full training with the Hammers U21s squad after suffering an injury at the start of pre-season preparations.
The attacker's injury problems are over, having gone the distance as the development squad were held to a 1-1 draw by National League side Dagenham & Redbridge in their final pre-season fixture on Saturday, July 30.
West Ham United higher-ups have decided it is best he continues his development elsewhere as he is not guaranteed first team football in the new season and Premier League 2 football may be too easy for him.
Odubeko was loaned out to Championship side Huddersfield Town in the first half of last season and spent the second half of the campaign at Doncaster Rovers, where he scored two goals in sixteen League One appearances.
Prior to his loan move to the Terriers, he signed a contract extension keeping him at West Ham until June 30, 2023.
Since landing at West Ham in October 2019, Odubeko has received twenty call-ups for first team games and tasted action in two FA Cup matches against Stockport and Manchester United.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
- 'I don't want to write him off yet' - Rangers & Ajax legend De Boer urges patience with Bassey
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football