Chelsea's second choice goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga is set to fly into Naples this week to sign a one-year loan deal with Victor Osimhen's Serie A side, Napoli according to Naples based newspaper Corriere del Mezzogiorno.
The Spaniard has had to play second fiddle to Senegal’s international Edouard Mendy despite being the world's most-expensive goalkeeper, having joined the Blues from Athletic Bilbao for €80 million in 2018.
Napoli are in search of a new goalkeeper after the departure of former Arsenal keeper, David Ospina albeit the club still have Italy's 2020 European Championship winner Alex Meret in their ranks.
Chelsea, the reports in Corriere del Mezzogiorno indicate, will continue to cover a percentage of the keeper's salary during his time in Napoli.
Nigeria international Osimhen is on the radar of several top European clubs in the current transfer window but nothing has materialized in that direction.
The former youth international, who previously played at Ligue 1 side Lille, has been linked with almost all the big teams in the English Premier League and Bayern Munich albeit the German Bundesliga champions have ultimately ruled out a deal for a big-name striker.
Osimhen scored for his team from the penalty spot in Sunday's pre -season friendly against Mallorca which ended 1-1 indicating that he could be the club's penalty taker for the 2022/2023 season.
Meanwhile Chelsea have been informed that they will have to part with €50 million for Inter Milan's right wing back Denzel Dumfries in a bid to replicate the role played at Stamford Bridge by former Super Eagles star Victor Moses under the reins of Antonio Conte.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- Opinion : Super Eagles star is a good replacement for Oxlade-Chamberlain at Liverpool
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football