10 goals in 11 games : Norwegian club Stabaek sign Nigerian striker to contract extensionPublished: August 03, 2022
Norwegian First Division club Stabæk have signed Nigerian striker Gift Emmanuel Orban to a contract extension.
The new agreement between club and player will keep Orban at the second tier club until 2026.
Orban has been offered fresh terms after making an immediate impact following his loan move earlier this year.
The 20-year-old has had a blistering start to his career at The Blues, scoring ten goals in eleven appearances across all competitions while registering three assists.
Stabæk took a gamble which paid off, signing him on the last day of the winter transfer market.
Torgeir Bjarmann, Stabæk sports manager, describes Gift as a versatile striker who can hold the ball, combine and appear in the box, and scores a lot of different goals.
Commenting on his new contract, Gift said to Stabaek's official website : "I am very happy here. Whether the contract is for four years or ten is not the most important thing.
"My goal is just to take new steps. Then I have to play well and score goals. I will continue to work hard to achieve that."
Gift was poached by Stabaek after he was scouted by Torgeir Bjarmann and Thomas Finstad in Nigeria during a showcase tournament arranged by Atta Aneke.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles midfielder Aribo reveals why he's not getting game time at Southampton
- 'Maybe in the future it will happen' - Chukwueze responds to Arsenal and Aston Villa links
- Official : Major League Soccer club Real Salt Lake sign versatile American-Nigerian player
- Peseiro raises concern over Akpoguma's head injury, gives Egyptian referee a piece of his mind
- Iwobi on Super Eagles' missed scoring chances, next game; refuses to comment on state of pitch
- Peseiro responds to question on pairing Onuachu, Osimhen in attack and snubbing Moffi
- Peseiro reveals what went wrong in Super Eagles' loss, gives defiant response to sack claims
- Charlton U21 boss reacts to performance of Nigerian midfielder against Chelsea's Kante
- Super Eagles player ratings : Akpoguma, Bassey at sixes and sevens; Osayi-Samuel stands out; Osimhen poor
- 2023 AFCONQ : Five observations from Super Eagles' 1-0 loss to Guinea-Bissau
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football