Italian transfer market expert Fabrizio Romano has poured cold water on viral reports in the local and foreign media linking Nigeria international Umar Sadiq with an imminent move to Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund.
It is correct that Dortmund are in the market for a centre-forward as a replacement for Sebastien Haller, who will be out of action for several months due to testicular tumor.
However, The Black and Yellows have not held any talks whatsoever with the leadership of Almeria over the signing of Sadiq.
There’s no €25m bid for Umar Sadiq from Borussia Dortmund, despite last rumours. Villarreal are the favourites in the race to sign Sadiq as priority. 🚨🇳🇬 #transfers— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 4, 2022
Negotiations with continue but BVB have not opened official talks, as of now. pic.twitter.com/lliZZRcovq
Romano claims that Villarreal are the frontrunners for the Football College Abuja product should he move on from Almeria before the close of the summer transfer window.
Sadiq has enjoyed a productive spell since his arrival at Almeria from Partizan Belgrade in October 2020, with a goal involvement of 60 (41 goals, 19 assists) in 81 all-competition appearances.
On the international stage, the 2016 Olympics bronze medalist was a member of the Super Eagles squad to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, where he scored his first senior goal in a group stage win vs Guinea Bissau.
The 25-year-old Sadiq has three years left on his contract with the Rojiblancos.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Folarin Balogun: Why Arsenal-owned striker should choose Nigeria Over USA, England
- Ex-Fiorentina star reveals preferred striker between Osimhen and Chelsea loanee Lukaku
- World Cup 2022 : Okocha praises brilliant Cameroon GK who made his debut last year v Nigeria
- 2022 World Cup : Nigerian fans have their say on Ghana captain Ayew penalty miss v Uruguay
- 'They were punished' - Aghahowa explains why Ghana missed chance to qualify for round of 16
- 1994 AFCON winner blames Jordan Ayew, Amartey for Uruguay's opener, hails Suarez for assist
- Ex-Arsenal U21 skipper Ajayi makes injury return after missing 15 games for club, country
- Millwall set to beat Wolves, Southampton in race for highly-rated Irish-Nigerian striker
- Chelsea loanee Anjorin returns to action after 75 days out
- 2021 Super Eagles invitee beats another Nigeria target to Crystal Palace POTM
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football