The official website of Cardiff City has confirmed the signing of Nigeria-eligible striker Kion Etete from Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur on a permanent deal valid for three years.
Etete had entered the last year of his contract at Tottenham which prompted the permanent sale for an undisclosed fee.
A loan spell with League Two side Northampton Town during the first half of last season saw the physical striker appear in 23 games before a season-ending move to League One side Cheltenham Town saw him score three goals and provide three assists in thirteen outings.
In his post-signing interview, the 20-year-old said, "It feels good to finally be here. The manager went into a lot of detail about the plan for the season, and how they want me to play. It's my job to try and fulfill that. When the players know what the gaffer wants from them, it's easier to put it into motion on the pitch.
"Obviously having gone from League Two to League One, the Championship is the next one. I just can't wait to get started, get used to the level, and hopefully excel.
"I'll always work hard for the team and the Club. Winning is the number one priority at the end of the day, and I'll do as much as I can to fulfill that".
Etete, who arrived at Spurs from Notts County in the summer of 2019, is on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation ahead of a potential invitation to one of the national teams.
The Derby-born attacker will wear the number 9 jersey in his first season at the Bluebirds.
Photo Credit : cardiffcityfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Official : Nigerian winger and Galatasaray agree to contract termination
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football