Early team news Brighton & Hove : Nigerian defender unlikely to make squad vs Man UtdPublished: August 05, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigerian defender Odel Offiah is unlikely to make his English Premier League debut when Brighton & Hove travel to Old Trafford to face Manchester United in their season opener on Sunday, August 7.
Offiah's availability for selection is doubtful as he has not been pictured training with the first team of the Seagulls in the most recent training images published by the club's official website.
Brighton & Hove U21s begin their own season with a trip to Crystal Palace, a day after the first team tackle Manchester United, and it is believed the Nigerian will be involved in some capacity against the Young Eagles.
Offiah trained with Brighton's first team for a portion of pre-season preparations and started their first friendly against Union Saint-Gilloise, but was not selected for their next four fixtures with Estoril, Reading, Brentford and Espanyol.
The 19-year-old is a player to keep an eye on in the new season and he is pushing for a first team place after impressing for the development squad.
Manager Graham Potter named Offiah in his match day squad in eight of the last nine games played by the Seagulls in the Premier League in 2021-2022.
The Flying Eagles-eligible centre-back made his debuts in the Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup last season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Troyes join Rangers in race for Fenerbahce's Nigeria international fullback
- Chelsea ready to break African transfer record for a GK to sign ex-Barcelona star
- Chukwueze and Moffi nominated for Europa Conference League Goal of the Tournament
- Cremonese and Rangers continue to thrash out terms for transfer of Super Eagles striker
- 2023 AFCONQ: Adebayo Adeleye has to prove himself in the absence of suspended Uzoho
- Manu Garba names eight players he groomed who have been called up for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- 'Has great prospects' - Manu Garba reveals Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu is a star of the future
- Official: Lagos-born Man Utd youth product joins Hungarian champions Ferencvaros
- Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu on target but Bendel Insurance's 21-match unbeaten run ends
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football