Nigeria Football Federation target Eberechi Eze on Friday evening received plaudits from two of the greatest players in the history of the Premier League ahead of the first game of the 2022 /2023 season at Selhurst Park.
Liverpool legend Michael Owen and Arsenal icon Ian Wright while analyzing Crystal Palace's chances against Arsenal in the season's opener, lauded the talents of the midfielder whom the Nigeria Football Federation President Amaju Melvin Pinnick approached in London few years ago over the possibility of playing for the country of his parents.
"What a player he is. He's so quick and can beat players. He could be close close to the England squad if he stays fit," Owen told Sky Sports presenter, Steve Bowyer while the footage of Eze's goals were played back on the studio's screen.
The comment about the Three Lions will not sit well with Nigerian football faithful who had hoped that the Super Eagles qualified for the 2022 FIFA World Cup to make the decision of Eze to change allegiance easier.
Wright who obviously leans towards an Arsenal win agrees with Owen.
"He can run with the ball. He can pass the ball, he will be vital to what Patrick Vieira is trying to do."
"What a player. He is so too-footed. He can beat players, he's so quick. He can run with the ball, pass the ball. He's so good," Wright said.
In the corresponding fixture between both sides in April this year, the Eagles defeated Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal 3-0.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'I'll be able to develop further with Conte' - Italian-Nigerian LB says ahead of move to Spurs
- How to bet on handicaps in football
- West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker linked with loan move
- Official : Esperance loan out Super Eagles striker to Ligue Professionnelle 1 champions
- Opinion: Why Chelsea's game against Tottenham is a call for Nigeria's most valuable player
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder plays his first competitive game since arrival at Chelsea
- Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal Palace
- Osimhen scores and assists as rampaging Napoli destroy Verona in Serie A opener
- EPL 30th anniversary : Allardyce recalls nostalgic moments with magical ex-Nigeria captain
- Ex-African Footballer of the Year labels Gabriel Jesus a 'massive asset' for Arsenal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football