Ex-Chelsea star Moses ruled out for six months after suffering Achilles tendon injuryPublished: August 08, 2022
Russian Premier League club Spartak Moscow have confirmed through their official website that Victor Moses will be out of action for six months after suffering an Achilles tendon injury during the club's 2-0 win against Ural on matchday four in the Russian Premier League on Saturday, August 6.
Just past the half hour mark, the former Chelsea winger made no contact with an opponent before he hit the turf and couldn't get up on his own.
Moses was stretchered off the pitch and left the stadium in Yekaterinburg on crutches and his right leg was in a brace.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner has undergone a medical examination ahead of surgery.
"The Nigerian has been diagnosed with an Achilles tendon injury. The player will have to undergo surgery," Spartak Moscow said in a statement on Monday morning.
"It will take about six months to recover from the injury. We wish Viktor a speedy return to the field!"
Moses's injury absence is a big blow to Spartak Moscow as he has been their standout player in the new season, netting two goals in three matches before the trip to Yekaterinburg.
If the prognosis by Spartak Moscow comes true, the 31-year-old looks set to be unavailable for selection for thirteen league matches.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football