Middlesbrough's Anglo-Nigerian striker attracting interest from Turkish clubPublished: August 08, 2022
2014 Nigeria U23 invitee Uche Ikpeazu is attracting interest from Turkish Super Lig side Konyaspor.
Sky Sports Transfer Centre reported on Monday that Konyaspor have made an official offer to sign Middlesbrough forward Ikpeazu.
Ikpeazu was not called up for Boro's first two games of the season, against West Brom and Queens Park Rangers, an indication that he is not in the plans of manager Chris Wilder.
Konyaspor have proposed signing Ikpeazu on a free transfer with a twenty percent sell-on clause inserted into the agreement.
The 27-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Cardiff City, where he scored three goals in thirteen appearances.
He has found game time hard to come by at Middlesbrough since Neil Warnock, the manager that brought him to the club, was sacked last November.
Ikpeazu, if signed by Konyaspor, could be featuring in the Europa Conference League if the Turkish club make it to the group stage of the competition.
He's also worn the colours of Reading, Watford, Crewe Alexandra, Doncaster Rovers, Port Vale, Blackpool, Cambridge United, Heart of Midlothian and Wycombe Wanderers.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'We'll miss them' - PSV's Elephants star on the sale of Madueke, Gakpo to Chelsea, Liverpool
- 'Has problems with his grip' - Manu Garba delivers brutally honest assessment of Flying Eagles GK
- Unstoppable Napoli striker Osimhen matches Higuain, Cavani feat after brace v Little Eagles
- 'Chuba was really good' - Man Utd legend hails Championship main marksman after brace
- Super Eagles striker Onuachu breaks his silence after deadline day move to Southampton
- Club chief reveals Chelsea made at least four bids to sign Super Eagles-eligible player in January
- 'He's so fast' - Ajax Amsterdam great Frank de Boer gives Bassey vote of confidence
- Chelsea ready to pay whatever it takes to beat Man Utd to Victor Osimhen
- 'Tricky and exciting player' of Nigerian descent signs new deal with Chelsea
- Southampton manager assesses the performance of Premier League debutant Onuachu
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football