Through their official website, Scottish Premiership club Kilmarnock have confirmed the signing of former Manchester United schoolboy Deji Sotona.
The Irish-Nigerian youngster has joined Kilmarnock on a season-long loan from French Ligue 1 club OGC Nice.
Sotona began his career at Irish club Mullingar Athletic before moving to Manchester United where he registered as the fastest player at the club.
The 19-year-old is making an immediate return to British football after spending the second half of last season at Brentford, where he played for their B team.
In eleven appearances for The Bees, he found the net once before returning to his parent club OGC Nice.
In his first words as a player of Kilmarnock, Sotona stated : "It feels great to be here, I can’t wait to get started, I’d been waiting a while to get out on this loan and this should be a very good move
"I want to showcase my talent and get game time here, I spoke to the manager and he’s given me the opportunity to come here and play first team football and I believe Kilmarnock will be a good club to play for.
"I’m a hard working player, I like to get goals and be direct, I like to win. I can’t wait to get started."
Sotona links up with another player of Nigerian descent, Arsenal-owned defender Ryan Alebiosu, at Kilmarnock.
Photo Credit : kilmarnockfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football