Villarreal take big step towards signing N12.8b-rated Super Eagles strikerPublished: August 10, 2022
Villarreal have taken an important step in signing Nigeria international Umar Sadiq before the close of the summer transfer window.
According to Portuguese journalist Pedro Sepúlveda, the Almeria striker has agreed personal terms with the Yellow Submarine.
Sadiq's transfer now hinges on Villarreal striking a deal with Almeria for the the transfer to go through.
❗️Umar Sadiq has reached total agreement with @VillarrealCF for personal terms but no agreement with @U_D_Almeria yet. Spanish team wants 30 million euros - fixed price plus add ons. Next days will be decisive. pic.twitter.com/4fsrpesNxt— Pedro Sepúlveda (@pedromsepulveda) August 9, 2022
Almeria CEO Mohamed El Assy revealed at the weekend that the attacker is on the brink of leaving the club and will be sold for a little less than 30 million euros (approximately N12.8 billion in Nigerian currency) to a mysterious club.
Sadiq didn't feature in Almeria's last pre-season friendly to avoid him getting injured before sealing the transfer.
Per the report, Sepúlveda claims that the Rojiblancos want a fixed fee of thirty million euros plus performance-related add-ons before giving the Nigerian the green light to join Villarreal.
Since joining Almeria in 2020, Sadiq has made 74 league appearances in La Liga 2, seven from the bench, and directly participated in an impressive 57 goals (38 goals, 19 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football