Villarreal have taken an important step in signing Nigeria international Umar Sadiq before the close of the summer transfer window.
According to Portuguese journalist Pedro Sepúlveda, the Almeria striker has agreed personal terms with the Yellow Submarine.
Sadiq's transfer now hinges on Villarreal striking a deal with Almeria for the the transfer to go through.
❗️Umar Sadiq has reached total agreement with @VillarrealCF for personal terms but no agreement with @U_D_Almeria yet. Spanish team wants 30 million euros - fixed price plus add ons. Next days will be decisive. pic.twitter.com/4fsrpesNxt— Pedro Sepúlveda (@pedromsepulveda) August 9, 2022
Almeria CEO Mohamed El Assy revealed at the weekend that the attacker is on the brink of leaving the club and will be sold for a little less than 30 million euros (approximately N12.8 billion in Nigerian currency) to a mysterious club.
Sadiq didn't feature in Almeria's last pre-season friendly to avoid him getting injured before sealing the transfer.
Per the report, Sepúlveda claims that the Rojiblancos want a fixed fee of thirty million euros plus performance-related add-ons before giving the Nigerian the green light to join Villarreal.
Since joining Almeria in 2020, Sadiq has made 74 league appearances in La Liga 2, seven from the bench, and directly participated in an impressive 57 goals (38 goals, 19 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football