Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun was present in the stands as Rangers clashed with Union Saint-Gilloise on Tuesday evening in a UUEFA Champions League third round qualifier.
After falling behind 2-0 in the first leg, the team led by Giovanni van Bronckhorst clinched a place in the playoffs after battling back to win the contest 3-2 on aggregate.
In a pulsating game, James Tavernier, Antonio Colak and Malik Tillman each netted a goal to secure the 3-0 victory for the Gers.
Posting on his Instagram story, the 34-year-old showed his love for the club even though he is no longer an employee after being released earlier this summer upon the expiration of his contract in a shock move by the club hierarchy.
The centre-back signed for Rangers on a one-year contract in the summer of 2020 and signed an extension the following year after impressing as the club won the Scottish Premiership.
In his two-year stay at the Light Blues, Balogun made sixty-five total appearances with ninteen of those coming in European competition.
He made a total of five goal contributions which includes two goals and three assists. After his departure from Scotland, the German-born defender is still a free agent.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football