With the transfer window coming to an end, English Premier League giants Everton have made significant strides in trying to avoid the relegation threat they had to overcome at the last stretch of the 2021/2022 season.
Recently, the Toffees have signed Amadou Onana from French club Lille in a deal reportedly worth 33 million pounds.
Onana is naturally a base midfielder and has the ability, mobility, strength and technical abilities to play either as a single or double pivot.
However, the performance of Super Eagles midfielder Alex Iwobi in a pivot role alongside Doucoure left a lot of Evertonians including manager Frank Lampard purring.
Worth noting that this is the same role Super Eagles manager Jose Peseiro used Iwobi for and the Hale End Academy graduate excelled.
Now that Onana is coming in with his abilities and price tag, should Lampard continue the experiment with Iwobi?
Himself a 35 million pound investment, Iwobi may just be in the best position to deliver according to his talents at the Goodison Park Stadium.
He has adapted really well to the deep-lying playmaker role for club and country like a duck to water and another positional change could damage his progress.
Indeed, Lampard has a big decision to make, but the best would be to continue Iwobi's experiment and develop him in the deep role. He has more tools and abilities to flourish there than other midfield options.
Andre Gomes may be in with a shout but even he doesn't have the burst from midfield Iwobi would provide when he goes on his trademark mazy runs.
Allnigeriasoccer.com recommends Lampard should have Iwobi alongside Onana and Doucoure as his first-choice options in the middle of the park.
Photo Credit : evertonfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football