In this piece, All Nigeria Soccer's Izuchukwu Michael looks at why Super Eagles star player at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon Moses Simon will be a good replacement for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at Liverpool.
Oxlade-Chamberlain is seemingly no longer a favourite of manager Jurgen Klopp and is considered as one of the expendable players in Liverpool's squad this summer.
The England international's Premier League career has been pretty descent having played 226 games in the league, with 19 goals and 28 assists.
Oxlade-Chamberlain's contract with the Reds expires in June 2023 and his club could wish to sell him before the transfer window ends on September 1.
The midfielder reportedly left Arsenal in 2017 as he was not satisfied being played out of position and mostly as a right wing back by manager Arsene Wenger.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has always wanted to be deployed in midfield and can also play as a winger. Klopp got his man and the player need not play at wing-back.
The assists that Trent Alexander Arnold provides for the team is sufficient albeit the defensive side of his game needs to improve.
This is where Nigeria's Moses Simon comes in.
The top performer for the Super Eagles at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon (held in 2022) is a winger who has also played as wing back under former Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr.
Admittedly, the Nantes star would be keen to continue as a winger wherever he played but in a star-studded Liverpool side, when the talk of versatility comes around, he is the go-to man to slot into that position.
Simon was once linked with an interest from Leeds United but nothing came out of that.
With Oxlade-Chamberlain's deal less then a year now to run its course, could Moses Simon be the perfect man to wear the number 15 jersey which incidentally is also his number for the Nigerian national team?
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football