Wilfred Ndidi has admitted that a difficult test awaits Leicester City when they face off with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, August 13.
Ndidi has revealed the Foxes have a good chance of picking up at least one point from the game against the Gunners if they stick to their game plan.
The holding midfielder's injury woes that saw him miss the back end of last season are behind him, having gone the distance against the Bees last weekend - his first competitive game for club and country since March 17, 2022.
Speaking to LCFC TV, Ndidi said : "Every game is a difficult game – home or away – as long as you’re playing any team in the Premier League.
"It just depends on your tactics and is based on what you are going to present in the game and the way you go about it.
"I think it’s one of those games where you go there, and anything can happen. If we stick to our tactics and then do everything properly, I think we can get something out of the game."
In their opening match of the new season, Brendan Rodgers' side let a two-goal lead slip as they were held to a 2-2 draw by Brentford at the King Power Stadium, while Arsenal kicked off their campaign with an impressive 2-0 win versus Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Ndidi continued : "It was a good win for them (vs. Palace), and I think they’ll have the confidence now.
"So, it’s just for us now to look for our confidence. If we can get something out of this one, it is very good for the confidence moving forwards.
"Of course, Arsenal is a big team. As players, we know every game we want to achieve a certain goal.
"We have our aims this season also and for every game we know we have to do our best to get something out of it.
"So, I think it’s another game that we look forward to and see what comes out of it."
Since joining Leicester City in January 2017, Ndidi has faced Arsenal eight times and managed only two wins from those games, five matches were lost and one drawn.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football