According to The Athletic UK (subscription required), Championship club Watford have reportedly turned down an offer from a Turkish club for William Troost-Ekong.
Trabzonspor wanted to sign the Nigeria international on a season-long loan with an option to buy included in the deal but it was rejected by the Hornets.
The offer from the Super Lig club was worth 1.7 million pounds (approximately N864.6 million in Nigerian currency).
Troost-Ekong was sparingly used by manager Roy Hodgson in the second half of last season and the situation has not changed under new coach Rob Edwards in the early stages of the 2022-2023 season, with seven minutes played in two competitive matches.
Per the report, he is set to be omitted from the matchday squad this evening when Watford take on Burnley at Vicarage Road.
Troost-Ekong has played in Turkey before, making thirty-two appearances for Bursaspor, before moving to Italy in the summer of 2018.
Signed from Udinese in September 2020, the central defender still has three years left on his Watford contract.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football