Mikel Arteta and the Gunners will be looking to extend their winning streak to two games when they welcome Brendan Rodgers' Leicester City at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, August 13, 2022.
While Arsenal started their season with a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, Leicester City lost a 2-0 lead at home against Brentford and settled for a 2-2 draw.
Fabio Vieira, Takehiro Tomiyasu, and Kieran Tierney have all returned from injury while Leicester City is dealing with the loss of several key players like Ricardo Pereira, Ryan Bertrand and Harvey Barnes to injury.
When Leicester blew their two-goal lead against Brentford, Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi was utilised in a single pivot role while Tielemans and Dewsbury-Hall were advanced eights.
However, should Rodgers play Ndidi the same way against the Gunners?
While Ndidi is a great tackler and good on the ball, Arsenal's pressing scheme and ball-carrying are top-notch and will present a higher level of chaos if Ndidi plays as a single pivot.
With Brentford cracking Leicester's new Ndidi single pivot system, it would be surprising if the system is repeated against the likes of Thomas Partey, Granit Xhaka and Martin Odegaard at the Emirates Stadium.
Rodgers may need to revert to a double pivot system and pair Ndidi with another central midfielder to control Arsenal's aggressive attack.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Leicester City's Super Eagles midfielder out for 'a few weeks' with hamstring injury
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football