Spartak Moscow press chief Dmitry Zelenov has revealed that Victor Moses is set to undergo surgery in Germany in the coming days.
The former Chelsea wingback suffered a serious injury during the first half of Spartak Moscow's 2-0 win against Ural on matchday four in the Russian Premier League on Saturday, August 6.
Moses has been diagnosed with an Achilles tendon injury and faces at least six months on the sidelines, meaning he is not expected to return to action until after the winter break.
The 31-year-old got few days of training under his belt with the Spartak Moscow squad before the season started because he was undecided about returning to Russia.
Moses's injury absence is a big blow to Spartak Moscow as he was their standout player in the new season, netting two goals in his first three matches before suffering an injury against Ural.
"Moses needs to undergo surgery. Most likely it will be Germany. I think that the operation will be at the beginning of this week," Zelenov said to Sport Express.
"The standard time for Achilles injury is 6-8 months. He has a fighting spirit. He is a Spartak player and supports the team. And the team supports him."
2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner Moses has a contract with Spartak Moscow until the end of the 2023-2024 season.
A Premier League winner with Chelsea under Antonio Conte in 2017, Moses joined the Muscovites on loan in October 2020 and the deal was made permanent the following season.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football