The Premier League season is underway and having concluded game week two, it is safe to say that the EPL has not lost any of its glamour, competitiveness and excitement.
On Saturday, Leicester City made the trip to the Emirates Stadium to face Mikel Arteta's in-form Arsenal. The score ended 4-2 in favour of the Gunners with Nigerian international Wilfred Ndidi playing the full ninety minutes for Brendan Rodgers's men.
Despite the defeat, Ndidi was a rock-solid presence in the middle of the park with his last-ditch crunching tackle to deny Gabriel Jesus a hat-trick in the 37th minute a world-class one.
It is clear that Ndidi is one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League with his statistics and eye-catching performances.
His skill set is certainly needed by many top clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Chelsea but very few of these clubs look his way.
Why is this so? Allnigeriasoccer takes a look at the situation. While Ndidi's ball-winning is on par with the best defensive midfielders on the planet, his ball progression and press evasion still need a bit of work.
Playing in a top team means holding onto possession and dictating play for large parts of the season. This will be almost impossible if the central players are not so great on the ball.
With the addition of the aforementioned skill to his bag, the Super Eagles star can make the step up to the very top teams.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football