Stamford Bridge welcomed ex-manager Antonio Conte with his Tottenham Hotspur team in the second game-week of the new Premier League season.
The game ended in a 2-2 draw as both teams shared the spoils with new signing Kalidou Koulibaly getting on the score-sheet through a well-taken strike in the first half.
Hojbjerg then equalised with a clean long-range goal after some ping-pong build-up before Reece James restored the Blues' lead in the 77th minute. A controversial injury-time equaliser from Harry Kane ensured a draw.
While Chelsea were superior in every facet of play ranging from control to chance creation, two elements were missing in the Blues' attack, aerial presence and decisive box-play.
Too many crosses went into the box but there was almost no one attacking them. Kai Havertz is quite tall but is a little threat aerially to the likes of Romero and Dier.
Also, there was little box-play from the attackers as they were naturally drawn to the ball instead of being hellbent on getting into the box and finding space to shoot.
This brings us back to Chelsea's initial rumoured interest in the most valuable player Nigerian player on the planet Victor Osimhen.
The Napoli striker possesses great aerial presence and decisive box-play.
He will undoubtedly add the aforementioned abilities to Chelsea's attack and even more. Too many chances went begging at Stamford Bridge that a striker like Osimhen could help put into the net.
Tottenham's equaliser was controversial but Chelsea could have been out of sight if a more clinical striker was available.
The London Derby was certainly a call for the Blues to take a decisive action which could well be Osimhen.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football