Former African Footballer of the Year Victor Ikpeba has opined that Manchester United should let Cristiano Ronaldo leave the club if he is no longer interested in playing under manager Erik ten Hag.
Ronaldo reported late for the Red Devils pre-season preparations because of family issues but would later make a 45-minute appearance against Rayo Vallecano before the season kicked off.
Several media including Sky Sports UK indicated that the Portugal legend was keen to leave the club despite having one season left on his two-year contract.
"You know I have been bashed by the Manchester United fans last season. Don't think Cristiano Ronaldo was a distraction at United," Ikpeba said in response to a question on Supersport's magazine show, Monday Night Football, monitored by allnigeriasoccer.com.
"Yes he scored 18 league goals but he wants to go. The player doesn't want to be part of the team anymore," Ikpeba insisted.
Speaking on the 4-0 humiliating defeat suffered by United against Brentford, Ikpeba said the team had no chance of winning.
"There was no solution against this Brentford side, that was the reality. United don't have it and that's the truth.
"So Eric ten Hag, his work is cut out because it is a difficult job to take. He was warned not to take the job by former United coach Van Gaal.
"These (United) players are lazy. They don't have the character. They don't have that unity in the squad.
"So much problem with Ronaldo and Maguire, so much problem going on. They have to come back and play as a team," the 'Prince of Monaco' noted.
Manchester United will face Liverpool next week Monday night at 8pm local time.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football