Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte has given his thoughts on the signing of Italy U21 international of Nigerian descent Destiny Udogie.
Udogie inked a multi-year contract with the north London club this week and will be spending the remainder of the campaign on loan at Udinese.
The Italian-Nigerian is the seventh player signed by Tottenham Hotspur in the summer transfer window, after Richarlison, Yves Bissouma, Djed Spence, Ivan Perisic, Fraser Forster and Clément Lenglet.
Although Udogie is already playing topflight football for one of the clubs in the big five European Leagues, Conte pointed out that the left-back is still developing as a player.
Tottenham made the best decision shipping him off on loan to Udinese, where he is guaranteed game time.
Speaking at Thursday's pre-match press conference before the Premier League meeting with Wolverhampton Wanderers, Conte was quoted as saying by Football. London : "You said it well, he's a player for the future. I think he is a good prospect for Tottenham because we are talking about a young player.
"For sure this player needs to develop like Spence and in my opinion a good investment for the club. Now he continues to play in this season with Udinese and in this way he has the possibility to play regularly.
"When you are young you need to play to improve your experience. For sure we are talking about a good prospect, but we are talking about a player for the future not for the present.
"He has to develop and to grow with a group of players with more experience."
Udogie made his senior debut for hometown club Hellas Verona in a Serie A clash against AC Milan in November 2020 and has since played a total of 44 games as a professional, including 37 for Udinese.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football