Super Eagles winger Samuel Kalu and Nigeria U23 international Tom Dele-Bashiru have both been ruled out of Watford's upcoming Championship clash against Preston North End at Deepdale (Preston).
The official website of the Hornets has provided a squad update before the matchday five fixture and explained why the duo are not available for selection.
Kalu is making progress on his recovery from a hamstring problem that has forced him to miss all the games played by Watford in the new season.
Midfielder Tom Dele-Bashiru has yet to make his season debut because he is recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered earlier this month, that will see him out of action for two or three months.
The Manchester City academy product, who had been pushing for a starting spot after a great pre-season, suffered the injury in training.
William Troost-Ekong, Maduka Okoye and Joseph Hungbo are the other Nigerian players in Watford's first team ranks but they have found game time difficult to come by after the first four matches of the 2022-2023 campaign.
Watford's draw vs Birmingham City in their last Championship game on Tuesday saw them extend their unbeaten start to the new season to four.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football