The future of Umar Sadiq at Almeria remains unresolved less than two weeks before the summer transfer window closes for business in Spain.
Villarreal have been mentioned as a strong contender for the signature of the Nigeria international, who is under contract with the newly-promoted La Liga club until June 30, 2025.
If he had his way, Almeria centre-forward Dyego Sousa would love his Nigerian teammate to spend at least one more season at the Rojiblancos but stressed it's up to the club to decide the player's future.
Despite huge speculation surrounding his future, Sadiq made his La Liga debut last weekend in a 2-1 defeat to the champions Real Madird.
The Nigerian is an important part of the Almeria project but it is believed they would be forced to sell him if they receive a significant bid in the region of thirty million euros.
Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Sousa told reporters : "Sadiq is a very important player for the team, he showed it last year and he will show a lot this year too, if he stays, because I don't know, you have to ask the club management about this.
"They They have to see what is better for the club and for the player. For me, the best thing would be for him to stay, but I don't decide."
In 82 outings across all competitions for Almeria, Sadiq has directly participated in an impressive 60 goals (41 goals, 19 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football