Manchester United's development squad are still without a win after their first three games in the new Premier League 2 season following a 2-2 draw with Everton at Haig Avenue in Southport on Friday evening.
After their opening day loss to Arsenal, the Red Devils suffered a 5-1 defeat to Crystal Palace at Leigh Sports Village Stadium in their last Premier League 2 match, putting them on zero points heading into the fixture against the Toffees.
Against Everton this evening, Anglo-Polish-Nigerian starlet Maxi Oyedele made his season debut for the Manchester United teams when he came off the bench to replace Charlie Salvage with thirteen minutes left on the clock.
It was the first completive game played by the Flying Eagles-eligible midfielder since going the distance against Nottingham Forest in the U18 Premier League on May 14.
After a good opening 30 minutes that saw them establish a two-goal lead following strikes from Marc Jurado and Hansen-Aarøen, Manchester United dropped off and their lead vanished as Thomas Cannon bagged a brace to equalise for the home team.
Born in Salford, Oyedele plays U18 football for the Polish national team and was a member of Manchester United's FA Youth Cup-winning team in 2021-2022.
He signed his first professional contract with United in the summer.
Photo Credit : manutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football