'The Dutch are a super-strong squad' - Falconets coach reveals Europeans won't be underratedPublished: August 21, 2022
Highly –inspired Falconets of Nigeria are determined to proceed further at the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup finals in Costa Rica and see The Netherlands as simply another mountain to climb to get closer to the diadem.
The Dutch, who emerged from a tough Group D that included United States of America and Japan, eliminating the Americans in the process, would not be a walk in the park for Chris Musa's girls, but the two-time runners-up say they are aware of this fact.
"The Dutch are a super-strong squad to have survived that group where the Americans were sent packing. In any event, any team in the quarter-finals must be a super-strong squad. We will not under-rate them, just as we did not under-rate any of France, Korea Republic and Canada.
"As I said at the beginning of the tournament, we are taking it one match at a time. Our overall plan for each of the games in the group phase worked well. And I believe that our overall plan for the match against The Netherlands will work as well," coach Chris Musa said on Saturday.
An explosive encounter is anticipated at the Estadio Alajuela Morera Soto (same venue where the Falconets brought down the challenges of Korea Republic and Canada) as from 11.30pm Nigeria time on Sunday.
In the 20 –year history of the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup, Nigeria have played in the Championship Match twice, losing on both occasions to Germany, in Germany 12 years ago and in Canada eight years ago. In-between, they reached the semi finals in Japan 10 years ago.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football