Former Everton star Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has admitted that the injury suffered by Victor Moses is a huge loss for Spartak Moscow and the Russian Premier League.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner will be out of action for six months after suffering an Achilles tendon injury during Spartak Moscow's 2-0 win against Ural on matchday four in the Russian Premier League on Saturday, August 6.
Moses underwent surgery in Germany eleven days ago and is not expected to return to action until after the winter break, if his rehabilitation goes according to plan.
The 31-year-old started the new Russian Premier League season on fire, scoring in each of his first two games in the division and was named in the starting lineup in the next two matches prior to his spell on the sidelines.
Commenting on the absence of the Spartak Moscow winger, Bilyaletdinov told Sport Express : "Of course, Moses is missing. He stands out for his skill in our championship. You can't just make up for a loss like that.
"In the absence of European competition, not everyone wants to go to us. This is a loss not only for Spartak, but for the entire league."
Moses has been playing for Spartak Moscow since October 2020, first on loan before ending his nine-year association with Chelsea last summer.
The Crystal Palace academy product has a contract with Spartak until June 2024.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football