'He stands out for his skill' - Ex-Everton star admits Moses injury is a huge loss for SpartakPublished: August 28, 2022
Former Everton star Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has admitted that the injury suffered by Victor Moses is a huge loss for Spartak Moscow and the Russian Premier League.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner will be out of action for six months after suffering an Achilles tendon injury during Spartak Moscow's 2-0 win against Ural on matchday four in the Russian Premier League on Saturday, August 6.
Moses underwent surgery in Germany eleven days ago and is not expected to return to action until after the winter break, if his rehabilitation goes according to plan.
The 31-year-old started the new Russian Premier League season on fire, scoring in each of his first two games in the division and was named in the starting lineup in the next two matches prior to his spell on the sidelines.
Commenting on the absence of the Spartak Moscow winger, Bilyaletdinov told Sport Express : "Of course, Moses is missing. He stands out for his skill in our championship. You can't just make up for a loss like that.
"In the absence of European competition, not everyone wants to go to us. This is a loss not only for Spartak, but for the entire league."
Moses has been playing for Spartak Moscow since October 2020, first on loan before ending his nine-year association with Chelsea last summer.
The Crystal Palace academy product has a contract with Spartak until June 2024.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football