Nigeria's hope of a place in the 2023 African Nations Championship (CHAN) was dealt a blow as the home-based Super Eagles lost 2-0 to Ghana at the Cape Coast stadium on Sunday evening.
Allnigeriasoccer.com presents the takeaways from the game
1. Good start by Super Eagles
The Nigerian side were the better team in the first half as they had more possession of the ball and I fact played most of the game in the opposition half.
2. Babatunde Bello Was Eagles Best Player
Despite the disappointment of losing the first leg in Cape Coast, Akwa United's Babatunde Bello was impressive in midfield.
Bello dictated of the game - creating chances for his attacking teammates and drawing fouls from the Ghanaians. A bright spot from an underwhelming performance.
3. Great Start In Second Half By Ghana
The Ghanaians came off the dressing room a completely different team that were outplayed by the Nigerians in the first stanza.
The hosts relied on the counter attacks to catch the sloppy Nigerian defence off their guards.
4. Good Substitution By Ghana Coaches
The technical crew of the Black Galaxies brought on David Abagna and his speed was a factor in unsettling the guests. He provided the assist for the second goal.
5. Eagles Must Score First In Abuja
The home based Eagles must score first when both sides meet next week Saturday.
Reducing the deficit early on and remaining defensively disciplined in the first half could be the springboard to getting something out of the game.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool interested in 2019 AFCON winner
- Germany's Musiala fails to break World Cup record held by Nigeria legend but sets two new ones
- 'Hope Potter is watching', 'Has been superb' - Nigerians react to Ziyech's display for Morocco
- World Cup 2022 : Ex-Super Eagles star reveals how Morocco must approach round of 16 game
- 'Osimhen would have been like Maradona in 1986' - Pinnick regrets Nigeria's absence in Qatar
- Five Super Eagles players that needed World Cup 2022 in Qatar as shop window
- PL Intl Cup : Anglo-Nigerian CB reveals positives from Arsenal defeat to Sparta Prague
- Premier League clubs monitoring the situation of Chelsea Academy product Aina
- Qatar based football agent pledges to support Nigeria's Emiloju FC
- Man Utd legend admits Bassey has not yet reached the level of Lisandro Martínez
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football