The home based Super Eagles on Sunday evening lost 2-0 to Ghana in the 2023 African Nations Championship qualifier at the Cape Coast Stadium which gives the Nigerian side a big task of qualifying for the tournament in Algeria.
Former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba spoke to the media, including allnigeriasoccer.com after the game and expressed his hope that the Super Eagles B side can still make it to the tournament.
The 2013 U17 World Cup-winning coach noted that the Super Eagles strikers failed to deliver the goods in the loss to Ghana.
"It's the game of football and anything is possible. But we need players that can finish off well.
"The attack was blunt and may be we should have done better if we have played some international friendlies because preparation is the key," Garba said.
The Super Eagles will host the Black Galaxies in the second leg of the qualifying fixture on Saturday, September 3, at the Moshood Abiola stadium, Abuja.
The Eagles would have to defeat the Ghana side by three unreplied goals to guarantee qualification to the tournament.
Nigeria have never won the African Nations Championship (CHAN).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football