'It was pretty serious' - Kehinde confirms he was close to leaving RandersPublished: September 05, 2022
Manchester United academy product Tosin Kehinde has confirmed that he was close to leaving Randers in the summer transfer window, without revealing the identity of his suitor.
Allnigeriasoccer.com previously reported that Kehinde was heavily courted by Turkish Super Lig club Sivasspor but the deal appears to have collapsed three days before the close of the summer transfer window in the country.
The former Nigeria U23 invitee was set to join Sivasspor on loan for the remainder of the season with an option to buy included in the deal but failed to agree personal terms on a contract extension at Randers, which put a spanner in the works.
Randers' sporting director Søren Pedersen previously stated that he expected Kehinde to be sold this summer, however, a sale has yet to materialize.
"I wasn't actually sure if I wanted to play this match today, because it was close to a change, but I'm happy to be here.I can't put percentages on how close it was, but it was pretty serious," Kehinde said to bold.dk on Sunday.
"Technically it is still a possibility, as the window is still open in some places, but as I have always said, I put my focus where I am, and I am in Randers now, so I am happy.
"Unless something drastic happens, I expect to stay in Randers."
Kehinde has approximately nine months left on his contract with Randers, whom he joined from Feirense in July 2019, first on loan before his transfer was made permanent the following season.
The 24-year-old opened his account for the season as Randers defeated Lyngby BK 2-0 on matchday eight in the Danish Super Liga on Sunday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Best sites to predict football scores
- Opinion: The Arsenal transfer target Leicester City star Ndidi should replace at West Ham
- 'He's done okay' - Former Aston Villa striker urges Everton to cash in on Iwobi
- Lille ahead of Burnley in race for Gift Orban but Gent playing hardball over striker's transfer
- Official: FC Cincinnati sign Aghedo until end of the season plus club options
- Official: Bournemouth release 19yo winger of Nigerian descent
- Confirmed: Schalke 04 will not sign former Celtic defender Jenz on a full deal
- CIES report suggests Manchester United and Chelsea target Osimhen is valued at N38.1b
- Chukwueze's link with Real Madrid: Is Villarreal winger a better than option than Rodrygo?
- Southampton and Brighton join Crystal Palace in race to sign Chelsea's Nigerian defender
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football