Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti, as expected, provided a fresh update on the fitness of Victor Osimhen during the mandatory pre-match press conference ahead of his side's UEFA Champions League opener against Liverpool.
It has come to light that the Super Eagles star played through the pain barrier in the closing minutes of the Serie A match against Lazio this past weekend after suffering a minor muscle-related injury.
Spalletti has revealed that he'll make a decision about the availability of Osimhen after training on Wednesday.
The number 9 did not train fully with the Napoli squad on Tuesday morning at SSCN Konami Training Centre.
In quotes relayed by Football Italia, Spalletti said : "With regards to Osimhen yesterday he experienced some pain, so he didn’t train yesterday and trained separately today.
"Tomorrow he will train with the group provided he feels better than today. Tomorrow, if he feels up for it, he will try and shoot, try to do a bit more with the ball and if he has a positive feeling about that, like this morning, he will be available for selection."
Osimhen has started all the five matches played by Napoli in the 2022-2023 season, logging 425 minutes and has two goals to his name.
The 23-year-old has netted three goals combined in two appearances against Premier League opposition in European competition - a brace against Leicester City in the Europa League and once against Chelsea in the Champions League during his Lille days.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football