Victor Osimhen is all but ruled out of Napoli's Champions League clash against Glasgow Rangers on Tuesday, September 13.
The Nigeria international aggravated an existing injury during the matchday one fixture against Liverpool on Wednesday, leading to his substitution in the 41st minute.
Osimhen had been rated as doubtful to play his first Champions League game for the Blues but was passed fit in the hours leading up to the start of the match at the Diego Maradona Stadium.
The 23-year-old did not train fully with the Napoli squad for two days before the visit of Liverpool.
According to Napoli's official website, he underwent medical examinations on Friday morning and tests revealed a second degree injury to his right hamstring.
The Parthenopeans did not reveal Osimhen's return date but it is all but confirmed that manager Luciano Spalletti won't count on the Nigerian for the visit of Spezia this weekend and the trip to Glasgow.
Rangers confirmed today that the UEFA Champions League fixture against Napoli will go ahead as planned.
All SPFL fixtures this weekend were canceled as a mark of respect following the death of The Queen.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football