Two Nigerian players Marvin Ekpiteta and Dapo Afolayan have received nominations in the 2022 Northwest Football Awards.
The Northwest Football Awards was launched to celebrate the region's brightest and best in the game, paying tribute to and recognizing those who have achieved footballing excellence both on and off the pitch.
Former Flying Eagles defender Ekpiteta is up for the Championship Player of the Season trophy and faces competition from Blackburn's Ben Brereton Diaz and Preston's Andrew Hughes to win the award, which is decided by public vote.
The 27-year-old had a banner 2021-2022 campaign, winning Blackpool's Player and Players' Player of the Season for his performances.
Ekpiteta started 39 of the 46 matches Blackpool contested in the Championship last season, scoring five goals from his defensive position.
Bolton Wanderers winger Afolayan is a contender for the League One Player of the Season .
The former Chelsea schoolboy netted fourteen times and provided seven assists in fifty-one appearances across all competitions in 2021-2022.
Afolayan has been shortlisted for the League One Player of the Season along with Sean McConville (Accrington Stanley), Alex Cairns (Fleetwood Town), Cole Stockton (Morecambe) and Will Keane (Wigan Athletic).
The 2022 Northwest Football Awards is scheduled to hold at the Emirates Old Trafford on November 7.
Photo Credit : blackpoolfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football