With a statement on their official website, English Premier League club Crystal Palace have announced the signing of Nigerian left-back Kelvin Agho for the academy team.
The promising defender completed his move to the Eagles on deadline day and will spend the remainder of the 2022-2023 season on loan at STK 1914 Šamorín in Slovakia.
Agho arrives at Selhurst Park from Nigerian grassroots club Hypebuzz Academy, the same team that produced Nigeria U20 international Ahmed Abdullahi.
The official webpage of STK 1914 Šamorín describes him as a 'left-footed all-rounder, who plays on the wing or in attack, but can also play as a full-back'.
STK 1914 Šamorín were interested in signing Agho on a permanent deal but he was not yet eighteen so they could not bring him to Slovakia, before missing out on his signature to Crystal Palace.
The Slovakian second tier club scouted Agho before he was signed on loan, with their coaches traveling to England to watch him in action.
Speaking on the signing of Agho, ŠTK sports director Csaba Horváth stated : "He was noticed at Crystal Palace and when such a club comes to the fore, the players usually take advantage of such an opportunity.
"Kelvin is at the start of his journey which could lead to the Premier League, so he needs to play. We have been in contact with his agent since the spring, with whom we agreed that Kelvin could come to Šamorín on loan.
"He is a player with potential, which is not often found in our country, so I think that he will enrich our team with something again."
Šamorín are finalizing the visa requirements associated with Agho's trip to Slovakia.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football