Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told that Premier League side West Ham United had concrete interest in Chelsea-reared Nigeria international Ola Aina in the hours leading up to the close of the summer transfer window.
However, a proposed return to the Premier League fell through on deadline day as the Hammers saw a bid rejected by Torino.
West Ham made a bid in the region of seven million euros to sign Aina but the amount was deemed insufficient by Torino.
The London club have been tracking Aina since last season and could revive their interest in the versatile defender in the coming months.
There is a possibility that the two-time UEFA Youth League winner with Chelsea could run down his contract at Torino with his current deal set to expire at the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Aina has Premier League experience under his belt, making 31 appearances during a loan spell with Fulham in 2020-2021 and appeared in three matches for Chelsea in their last title-winning season.
In 98 career appearances for Torino, he 25-year-old has been involved in seven goals (1 goal, 6 assists).
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Most African coaches don't respect themselves' - Udeze backs Onana in World Cup row with Song
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football