Another Super Eagles star not named in squad to face Algeria gets injuredPublished: September 18, 2022
Slavia Prague striker Peter Olayinka has seen his chances of earning a late call-up to the Super Eagles for their upcoming friendly against Algeria go up in smoke after he suffered an injury during the Fortuna Liga clash against FC Viktoria Plzen on Sunday, September 18.
Manager Jose Peseiro omitted the in-form player from the list of players summoned for the game against the North Africans.
The likes of Victor Osimhen (Napoli), Semi Ajayi (West Brom), Umar Sadiq (Real Sociedad), Jamilu Collins (Cardiff City) , Samson Tijani (Salzburg) and Samuel Kalu (Watford) were not considered for the friendly due to fitness issues.
Olayinka suffered an injury in the first half, forcing manager Jindřich Trpišovský to substitute the Nigerian for Oscar at halftime.
Salvia Prague have not yet issued a medical bulletin regarding the type of injury suffered by the Super Eagles star and the time he will spend on the sidelines.
The first international break of the 2022-2023 season means the seven-time Czech First League champions don't play again until October 2.
A member of the Super Eagles squad to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations held in Cameroon this year, Olayinka has not figured for the national team since coming off the bench against Tunisia on January 23, 2022.
The 26-year-old has been involved in six goals (4 goals, 2 assists) in eleven all-competition appearances for Slavia Prague so far this seasom, and recently became the club's all-time top scorer in European competition with 13 goals.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football