Ahmed Musa is set to become the second Turkish-based winger to withdraw from the Nigeria squad to face Algeria next week, after Adana Demirspor star Henry Onyekuru.
According to a medical bulletin issued by Sivasspor via social media, Musa has a fracture in his left arm, effectively ruling him out of the trip to Oran.
🩺 Ahmed Musa'nın sağlık durumu hakkında bilgilendirme. pic.twitter.com/nxyDySxi9Q— Demir Grup Sivasspor (@Sivasspor) September 19, 2022
The 29-year-old was substituted in the nineteenth minute of Sivasspor's 2-1 loss to Ankaragücü in a Turkish Super Lig encounter at the Eryaman Stadyumu on Sunday evening.
Musa received treatment on the pitch but had to be taken off due to an injury to his left arm.
The club announced that the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner has begun his rehabilitation, but didn't state the time he will spend on the sidelines.
Musa joined Sivasspor in September 2022 on a free transfer, shortly after terminating his contract with Faith Karagümrük by mutual consent.
The pacy forward has played four matches in all competitions for Sivasspor and is yet to open his goalscoring account.
Watford striker Emmanuel Dennis and Sochaux central defender Valentine Ozornwafor were called in to replace injured duo Onyekuru and Leon Balogun respectively, and it remains to be seen whether the Nigeria Football Federation will adjust the roster again following the imminent withdrawal of Musa.
Musa has played over one hundred games for the Nigeria national team and has scored 16 times.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football