Eighteen of the players invited for the Super Eagles friendly against former African champions Algeria reported for international duty in the city of Constantine on Monday, September 19.
According to a press release by the Nigeria Football Federation, Chelsea product Ola Aina, Arsenal-reared winger Alex Iwobi and former Chelsea central defender Kenneth Omeruo are among the players who have showed up for duty.
Other players in camp as at 2317 hours on Monday included Maduka Okoye, William Troost-Ekong, Chidozie Awaziem, Calvin Bassey, Zaidu Sanusi, Kevin Akpoguma, Valentine Ozornwafor, Wilfred Ndidi, Frank Onyeka, Raphael Onyedika, Moses Simon, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Ejuke, Cyriel Dessers and Terem Moffi.
Update! 18 players in camp. Okoye, Ekong, Omeruo, Awaziem, Aina, Bassey, Sanusi, Akpoguma, Ozornwafor, Ndidi, Onyeka, Iwobi, Onyedika, Simon, Awoniyi, Ejuke, Dessers, Moffi. Expected: Uzoho, Adebayo, Duru, Saviour, Iheanacho, Lookman. #SoarSuperEagles pic.twitter.com/kNtFJKXrES— 🇳🇬 Super Eagles (@NGSuperEagles) September 19, 2022
With the exception of Awaziem who was unavailable for selection due to an accumulation of yellow cards, all the aforementioned players were named in their respective clubs' matchday squads in the latest round of matches in the European Leagues.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Federation have made another adjustment to the roster, handing late call-ups to Ebube Duru and Saviour Godwin to replace Samuel Chukwueze and Ahmed Musa respectively.
Duru and Godwin are among seven players yet to link up with the squad in Algeria, the others being Francis Uzoho, Adebayo Adeleye, Kelechi Iheanacho and Ademola Lookman.
18 players in camp ahead of first training session
Goalkeepers: Maduka Okoye (Watford)
Defenders: William Ekong (Watford), Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes), Chidozie Awaziem (Hajduk Split), Olaoluwa Aina (Torino), Calvin Bassey (Ajax Amsterdam), Zaidu Sanusi (Porto), Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim), Valentine Ozornwafor (Sochaux)
Midfielders: Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City), Frank Onyeka (Brentford), Alex Iwobi (Everton), Raphael Onyedika (Club Brugge)
Forwards: Moses Simon (Nantes), Taiwo Awoniyi (Nottingham Forest), Chidera Ejuke (Hertha Berlin), Cyriel Dessers (Cremonese) and Terem Moffi (Lorient)
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football