Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro has erased Emmanuel Dennis' name from the list of players called up for the international friendly against the Fennec Foxes of Algeria on September 27, 2022, allnigeriasoccer.com has been told.
The Nottingham Forest striker was handed a late call-up as an injury replacement for Olympiakos loanee Henry Onyekuru.
Dennis has recently been in touch with the Super Eagles coaches, informing them that he won't honour the invitation due to an undisclosed ailment.
The 24-year-old was in action for Forest in the last round of matches in the English Premier League, coming off the bench for the last two minutes of their 3-2 loss to Fulham at the City Ground.
It is understood that the Nigeria Football Federation will not call a replacement for the fomer Watford marksman.
Eighteen of the invited players were in camp as at 2317 hours on Monday, meaning only six players are now being expected to link up with the team in Algeria.
They are Kelechi Iheanacho, Francis Uzoho, Ebube Duru, Saviour Godwin, Ademola Lookman and Adeleye Adebayo.
Jose Peseiro will begin running the rule over the players in camp as from 1630 hours on Tuesday when the Super Eagles are scheduled to begin their first training session ahead of the friendly against Algeria.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football